Liability Waiver and Release of Claims
COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgment
While participating in events held or hosted by the GMR, consistent with CDC guidelines, participants are encouraged to practice hand hygiene, “social distancing” and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, GMR has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, GMR cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in GMR events and/or other face to face activities. By attending a GMR event, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
2. Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
3. Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR:
Participants and volunteers agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath) and, contact GMR at email@example.com if he/she experiences symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating or volunteering with GMR.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS:
I acknowledge that I derive personal satisfaction and a benefit by virtue of my participation with GMR, and I willingly engage in GMR.
RELEASE AND WAIVER.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE GMR AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE EVENT.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19.
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
MEDICAL ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND RELEASE. I acknowledge the health risks associated with the Activity, including but not limited to transient dizziness, lightheaded, fainting, nausea, muscle cramping, musculoskeletal injury, joint pains, sprains and strains, heart attack, stroke, or sudden death. I agree that if I experience any of these or any other symptoms during the Activity, I will discontinue my participation immediately and seek appropriate medical attention
As a participant, or attendee, you recognize that your participation, involvement and/or attendance at any GMR event is voluntary. BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.